Invalid Displayed Gallery
Be introduced to the exciting and ever changing world of Street Photography. We’ll explore the definition, genres, gear, and common ways of getting started in Street Photography. You’ll learn the common fears of street photography and how to overcome them.
This class is perfect for anyone wanting to explore the genre of Street photography and willing to step a little outside of their comfort zone. We’ll discuss the fascinating world of capturing moments of ordinary human adventures and capture an image that tells a story for others to view. This class is kept to a relatively small size so there can be more one-on-one interaction, and we as a group are less noticeable overall to the public.
You will learn:
- Definition of street photography
- Who the masters are of street photography and examples of their work
- What equipment is recommended and the best camera settings
- The Do’s and Don’ts of the street photography mindset
- Discuss the advantages of Black & White vs Color images
- Digital camera with a 50mm equivalent focal length or wider. If you have a DSLR or mirrorless camera with a kit lens you’re set!
- Fully charged battery (bring two to be safe)
- Empty memory card(s)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Creative open mind and willingness to try new things
- Do I need my other lenses or camera bag? No you do not. In fact please leave them in the trunk of your car or at home.
- What other things should I bring? Maybe a hat, sunscreen, water
- Do we need a permit? Nope, photography in public spaces is 100% legal
- Do I need to know how to shoot in manual mode? No, we’ll use aperture priority or similar function.
Ben Reeve is a professional photographer specializing in High School Senior Portraits and Street Photography. His passion is outdoor portrait photography using both natural light and off camera flash to create unique portraits for his clients. Always willing to share his knowledge of photography, he turned to educating others to help inspire others.
Book Your Seat
Bookings are closed for this event.